Kitchen Staff at Canadian Adventure Camp
Canadian Adventure Camp is a full-service children’s summer camp located on beautiful 160-acre Adventure Island in Temagami, Ontario! We feature a full program of over 35 great camp activities, including 4 specialty programs, with campers and staff from around the world! Canadian Adventure Camp is the summer camp home to 150 children and youth, aged 5 through 17 years.
Our kitchen staff are an essential part of CAC’s family atmosphere and our campers love to greet their friendly faces at mealtimes! The dining room is one of the most important places at camp. It is where everyone comes together for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The close-knit feel of our community is felt by everyone and the kitchen staff are always the fans favourites.
On your time off, you will be able to enjoy the rest of camp and the activities it has to offer – try kayaking, water skiing or learn a skill in the gym. No experience is necessary, just an eagerness to learn, ability to take initiative and to follow instructions from our incredible Chef & Sous Chef.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef & Sous Chef to prepare & execute meals via family service
- Ensure that your area in the kitchen is cleaned and sanitized during & at the end of your shift
- Complete all assigned daily prep tasks given in a safe & timely manner
- Assist in Dishwashing on a regular basis
- Measure, Prepare and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Rotate & stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen refrigerators for subsequent shifts
- Assist in maintaining accurate food inventories
- Properly store dry, refrigerated & frozen food items at industry standard temperatures
- Make proper use of supplies, equipment and time while encouraging others to do the same
- Promote health, safety & general welfare of everyone at Canadian Adventure Camp
- Be a positive member of our community.
- Having fun while being open & honest
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+ years experience as a Cook in the Hospitality industry preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred
- Ability to read, follow & correctly execute standardized recipes
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures & practices
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced kitchen atmosphere
- Compensation $650 per/ week + (based on experience)
- Full room and board included
- Comprehensive pre-onboarding and on-site training
- Lifetime of memories
- All staff must be 19yrs +.
Employment dates: June 21, 2024- August 26, 2024
You will need to relocate to the beautiful Adventure Island on Lake Temagami for the duration of your employment.
You’ve found the right camp and there is no need for a placement agency! As well as all the above, CAC is a premier & reputable camp which will acquire you a work permit, provide logistics to camp, and you’ll receive competitive compensation above the industry average.
To learn more about CAC visit our Linktree for links to all of our platforms. To apply, please visit our staff page on our website, or you can send your resume directly to email@example.com