Sparrow Lake Camp
- Must be at least 16 years of age by end of camp year
- Must submit a Police Reference Check
- Must hold a Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Food Handling Certificate an asset
Purpose: The purpose of the position of Kitchen Staff is to act as a member of the Sparrow Lake Camp staff team as a whole and in the Kitchen in particular. Kitchen staff members are responsible for completing all kitchen tasks in a manner consistent with the goals and aims of Sparrow Lake Camp as set out in the Mission Statement. When not working in the kitchen, all staff play an important role in the overall supervision of campers.
Position Responsibilities: The Kitchen Staff acts in accordance with camp policies and procedures as follows:
- Performing daily routines and rotating through task stations including but not limited to: pot washing, dishwasher, dining room duties, mopping floors, food waste and garbage removal, staff snack and assisting cooks with food prep and kitchen cleaning.
- Maintain an organized clean and sanitary kitchen and dining hall.
- Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude and motivating team members.
- Ensure the utmost attention is given to food allergies and dietary needs. Supervise leadership camper placements in the kitchen.
- Help campers get food and supervise dining hall activities.
The Kitchen Staff will also:
- Act as a role model for all camp policies, procedures and philosophies.
- Act as a “cabin mascot” assisting Cabin Counsellors with their camper groups outside of hours worked in the kitchen when able.
Accountability: The Kitchen Staff are supported by the Food Service Manager for all aspects of job performance.