Apply here: https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Job Summary: Kitchen Staff work with our Head Cook to prepare nutritious tasty meals for the whole camp. When they are not working in the kitchen they will hop into various parts of camps to help with programming and supporting camper groups. Kitchen Staff are hardworking flexible staff who love to prepare food and bring smiles to kids fa
Terms: Full-time for 9 weeks: July 1 to September 1, 2023. Option to combine with a counselling position. Salary Range: $4500 – $5440 (depending on grants).
- Accommodate special diets if within the capabilities of Cave Springs Camp kitchen.
- Prepare, cook and serve food according to the nutritional guidelines set out by Canada’s Food Guide.
- Cooperate and plan with the Camp Director for any special programs involving food.
- Assist and/or supervise kitchen clean up: Wash dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils
- Sweep and mop floor Assist and/or supervise the safe storage of food.
- Ensure that all garbage is removed from the kitchen and sent to the appropriate areas (dumpster, compost, recycling)
- Understand and execute Camp Kitchen Policies and Procedures.
- Practice good health habits and maintain personal appearance.
- Assist with Summer Camp Programming when not working in the kitchen.
- Attend and participate fully in all pre-camp training sessions.
- Sets personal goals and engage in on-going self-evaluation.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Engage in ongoing skill development.
- Takee care of equipment and the facility.
- Work effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
- Takes responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follows the policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Other job related duties as assigned.