If Interested please submit an application to https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Contract from June 30 until August 27th with potential for extension. Applicants will be required to live on site. Some exceptions can be made. Room and board is provided without deduction. Remuneration of $290-370 per week.
Purpose of Position
- To promote care, safety, and inclusivity for campers and staff
- To work along side the Head Cook in the preperation of timely, healthy, and enjoyable meals for campers and staff.
- To be an effective part of a staff team committed to providing a positive experience for all community members.
Conditions of Employment for a Program Staff
That the employee:
- Submits to a criminal reference check at their own expense no later than July 2 (if over 18).
- Agrees to the full term of employment and is available to work the appointed schedule.
- Attends and participates fully in all Staff Training programs; the Camp Director must be notified of all schedule conflicts as soon as possible.
- Agrees to live by and ensures the maintenance of all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
Responsibilities and Expectations of Program Staff
- A responsibility and expection to contribute to the Kitchen work environment.
- Accommodate special diets if within the capabilities of Cave Springs Camp kitchen.
- Prepare, cook and serve food according to the nutritional guidelines set out by Canada’s Food Guide.
- Cooperate and plan with the Camp Director for any special programs involving food.
- Assist and/or supervise kitchen clean up:
- Washing dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils
- Sweeping and mopping floor area
- Assist and/or supervise the safe storage of food.
- Ensure that all garbage is removed from the kitchen and sent to the appropriate areas (dumpster, compost, recycling)
- Understand and execute Camp Kitchen Policies and Procedures.
- Practise good health habits and maintain personal appearance.
- Assist with Summer Camp Programming when not working in the kitchen.
- A responsibility and expectation to contribute positively to working as a team with all staff members:
- Attends and participates fully in all pre-camp training sessions.
- Shares the workload and responsibilities with fellow staff members.
- Facilitates the learning and growth of other staff members.
- Effectively communicates the needs and concerns of campers and staff to co-leaders.
- A responsibility and expectation for personal care, growth and learning:
- Sets personal goals and engages in on-going self-evaluation.
- Utilizes the resources of other members of the staff team and campers.
- Is a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Engages in ongoing skill development.
- A responsibility and expectation for community living:
- Is actively involved in planning, facilitating, and providing resources for campers and other staff.
- Is actively involved in the planning and implementation of daily events such as session, drama, and morning game.
- Takes care of equipment and the facility.
- Works effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality when necessary.
- Takes responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follows COVID-19 policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Supports and lives by all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
- A responsibility for other duties as may be required:
- Recognizes duties may be re-assigned or additional responsibilities may be requested as needed to fulfill Cave Springs Camp mission and vision.
- The Program Staff is accountable to the Camp Director and Assistant Director
- Ongoing direction and supervision are provided by the Program Coordinator