Kitchen Staff 🧑🍳
At Camp Manitou our staff are our strength! Our staff are a diverse mix of ages and backgrounds brought together by their interest in working with children. We believe in a camp that brings people together from around the world that have diverse interests, and personalities, while fostering acceptance and tolerance for all types of people. The Manitou family attracts people from around the globe, from hundreds of different schools, cities, and countries.
Our kitchen team is made up of a diverse group of individuals who thrive in fast-paced work environments. Camp is a great environment to learn new skills and build your experience in a kitchen cooking for approximately 700 people daily, while having fun. We are looking for dedicated individuals who enjoy working as part of a 25 person team to join our summer 2022 staff!
Why work here?
– Competitive compensation, room and board included
– Meaningful leadership and teamwork experiences
– Evening staff snacks and activities
– Unforgettable experience and memories
– Able to participate in camp activities such as swimming, rock climbing, water skiing/tubing, and arts and crafts and many more during down time
– Resume building while away from city stressors
Responsibilities Specific to Kitchen Staff:
– Preparation and clean up of all meals for campers and staff daily (3 meals plus night staff snack)
– Setting and clean up of dining hall before and after meals
– Supporting our head chef with all daily tasks, including: organization in kitchen, sanitization, prepping and preparing meals and snacks, food storage, serving meals to staff and campers
– Looking specifically with individuals with experience in the following areas: baking, special dietary needs, dining hall management and general staff
-Education, certification, or experience in culinary settings
-Ability to work collaboratively with others
-Ability to accept guidance and supervision
-Food Handlers Certificate
-Must be vaccinated
-Love of nature and the outdoors!
Contract length: 8 weeks
Expected start date: 2022-06-22
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $600.00-$1,000.00 per week
We hold our camp to the highest safety standards and will ensure all staff are safe and supported with any covid accommodations and precautions.