The YMCA of Northeaster Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered, please visit our website.
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Manager to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s YMCA John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario. Under the leadership of the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director of John Island Camp, the Kitchen Manager oversees the kitchen and dishwashing areas. They are responsible for kitchen staff management and evaluation. This position also oversees and supports food preparation, meal service, complying with health & food safety, cleanliness standards, as well as the accommodation of dietary restrictions & allergies for campers, clients and staff.
Start Date: May 30, 2022
Location: Spanish, Ontario
Compensation: $500 – $700 per Week
Hours: Summer Contract
Summary of Qualifications
- Working towards a college diploma in food service management, culinary, or related field of education
- Experience catering for large groups (up to 250 people) preferably in a camp setting
- Supervisory experience in kitchen management
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Coordinate, train and support kitchen staff
- Oversee the cleanliness of the food service areas
- Coordinate and schedule the kitchen staff and participate in food preparation when required
- Comply with the Health and Safety, OCA and CQRP standards that relate to food service operations
- Coordinate the food service requirements for the Out-trip section
- Manage the Food Service Budget
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search for review prior to starting employment.
Submit resume and cover letter by the deadline to Finn Thomas, Camp Director, at Finn.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.