We are looking to fill a Food Service Manager – seasonal full time role.
This role will be in residence at Camp Gesher in Cloyne Ontario from June 16, 2023-August 27,2023
Reporting to the Camp Director, this position will provide leadership in the day-to-day operations of the food service team at Camp Gesher.
Camp Gesher has been empowering youth for 60 years! Our program reflects the values and spirit of youth leadership and empowerment; focusing on social justice, inclusion, equality, and building an informed and empathetic community. At Gesher each camper is encouraged to take responsibility for the well being of the community and the world around them.
Our youth led community develops both tangible and intangible skills, for both our campers and our staff. We foster self confidence through trying new activities, gain resiliency by enduring setbacks in a supportive environment, develop life-long friendships, grow independence, build social skills and understanding of group dynamics, learn leadership skills, unplugging from technology and connecting with nature.
- Coordinating and supervising daily activities of the Camp Gesher kitchen
- Providing continuous support and guidance to the Food Service Team through setting clear performance driven goals and expectations, that appropriately meet the responsibilities of each staff member
- Experience guiding youth as they grow in kitchen skills
- Creating camp menus through donation utilization and available budget
- Modifying menus to meet the needs of special diets and allergens
- Managing the preparation, and serving, of special diet accommodations
- Managing inventory, and tracking expenses and donations
- Monitoring and inspecting equipment to ensure a high quality and safe work environment
- Ensuring public health and safety guidelines, and local by-laws, are being implemented and adhered to in the kitchen and dining room
- Participating in standards visits and audits
- Provide feedback to the Camp Director team on continuous improvement initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in a food service leadership role
- Specialized training as a Chef or Food Service Manager
- Food Safety Certification
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- 3+ years of experience as a cook for large groups or events
- Experience working with special diets and allergens
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in menu planning for large groups
- Experience with inventory management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Reliable transportation to and from camp is required
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search