Kinder Music Specialist
Since 1962, and situated in the heart of the city, we have created unforgettable Summer memories for thousands of boys and girls, as one of Toronto’s longest-running, most comprehensive camps. Bayview Glen Camp offers programs for children between the ages of 4 – 14. We offer enriched and balanced programs for our youngest campers, to activity electives for our oldest campers as they grow, and their tastes broaden. We are proud to have been voted ‘Best Co-Ed Day Camp’ by City Parent readers, more than once!
Bayview Glen is currently looking to hire a Kinder-Music Specialist for the coming Summer of 2023. We are looking for individuals to engage our campers with creative, innovative, unique, and inclusive programming for children between the ages of 4 – 6 to run an activity rotation as well as end of the day “Music-Fest”. This position reports directly to the Camp Director.
*****Please only apply for this position through our website: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment *****
Dates of Employment
Start Date: July 3rd, 2022(not including pre-camp training dates)
End Date: August 18th, 2023
Location: 85 Moatfield Dr, Toronto, ON M3B, Canada
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating daily schedules and weekly schedules for each age/cabin group participating.
- Create daily sing-a-longs and songs for camper to sing and/or listen to.
- Create daily 45-minute activity periods for each cabin group.
- Organize/perform end of day 30-minute “Music-Fest” for entire age group with songs from activity period as well as other interactive songs.
- Organize materials and supplies needed to facilitate the activities, with the help of administrative staff members.
- Facilitate activities in a fun, calm, patient, and motivational way that is supporting the campers.
- Taking camper attendance when arriving and before leaving.
- Responsible for supervising campers while on-site with our camp program.
- Ensure the safety and health of campers while on-site.
- Ensuring all Covid-19 Safety protocols and Government regulations are being followed.
- Communicate regularly with head staff member to ensure awareness of any physical, psychological, emotional and/or medical limitations of campers and/or staff that could affect their safety while on-site
- Constantly re-vamping the daily/weekly schedule as needed based on the groups of campers participating.
- Participate in all theme days as outlined by the camp schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have at least completed Grade 11.
- Experience leading music programs for youth ages 4-6 is an asset.
- Experience playing guitar or keyboard is an asset.
- Standard First Aid Training and CPR- C or higher required.
- Comfortable providing detailed and written incident/accident reports.
- Preference given to those applicants with previous experience within a camp setting.
- As a condition of employment, a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check and First Aid certification will be required.
Apply today by filling out and submitting our 2023 Staff Application through our website, which can be found at: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment/ . Please be sure to make note of the position you are applying for.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
At Bayview Glen we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.