Interim Director of Administration
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Interim Director of Administration to join our Management Team. The Director of Administration is a front-line position, and the successful candidate will plan, coordinate, and manage administration for our Summer Camp, Wenonah Outdoors, as well as other special projects. They also provide information, advice, and decision making support to the Founder / Owner, Senior Directors, and Management Team.
- Fixed-Term Contract: Late January/Early February 2023 to September 30, 2023
- Salary Scale: Prorated based on $65k/year and commensurate with experience (includes vacation pay)
- Application Close Date: Applications will be considered as they are received, and until this position is filled.
- Reports To: Senior Director – Experience, Jennifer ‘JJ’ Jupp
- Work Location: Primarily remote, with the exception of during our Summer Camp season (late June to Labour Day) when the Director of Administration is expected to be on-site at Wenonah (near Bracebridge) for an average minimum of three days per week.
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week during business hours, on average outside of the Summer Camp season and with flexibility on some evenings and weekends. One-week holiday included with blackout dates during the Summer.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for professional development
- Professional mental health support provider on contract
- Flexible work location including on-site accommodation options
- We are fun! We enjoy our work, we laugh together, and we like to spend time with one another. We care about creating exceptional experiences for the campers, staff, and other guests that join us at Wenonah each year.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Oversee the day-to-day administration for all aspects of the Wenonah operation
- Provide outstanding customer service to Summer Camp and Wenonah Outdoors clients
- Information management and record-keeping, including responsibility for the CampBrain database
- Financial coordination, including tracking accounts receivable, accounts payable, refunds, petty cash, and reconciliation with the Bookkeeper
- Coordinate key Summer Camp administrative tasks, including cabin placements, international camper travel, bus and car transportation, one-month camper day-in-town, lost and found, and camper incidentals
- Coordinate seasonal staff administration including generating contracts, background checks, payroll information, and tracking certifications
- Manage technology, including computers, software, and other tools required by full-time and seasonal staff
- Manage relationships with key partners, including Amici Camping Charity, Kids In Camp, Camp Kivita, Camp Jumoke, and Camp Keaton
- Supervise seasonal office and administrative staff
- Serve as Privacy Officer for Wenonah and oversee AODA compliance
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes to make client experience better and increase efficiency for Management Team
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Some “Must Haves” include:
- You have administrative and customer service work experience in a professional setting
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You love to work with people, and want to make a difference!
- You understand how an overnight Summer Camp experience can be instrumental in the growth and development of children and youth
- You are a team-player.
- You have outstanding time management and organizational skills
- You take initiative, and can multitask and manage multiple deadlines
- You are committed to helping build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive community for campers, families, guests, and staff
- You are a problem-solver and a critical thinker. You have sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- You have working knowledge of Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
THE TRAINING PROCESS
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? WE CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Camp Wenonah / Wenonah Outdoors is committed to accessibility in our application process. If you require any accommodations for accessibility at any point during the application process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
To apply for the Director of Administration role: Please send your cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate your interest in this role, we may only be able to schedule interviews with select candidates.
Please note that preference will be given to those candidates who are currently eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSIVITY
At Camp Wenonah, we are completely committed to creating a safe and inclusive space for everybody. Ours is a caring community where everyone belongs, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, ability, or sexual orientation. Campers, guests, and staff are celebrated for who they are.