Inclusion Program Coordinator
Township of King
The Inclusion Program Coordinator is specifically employed to work 1:1 with children and young adults who require additional support.
- Recreation Services Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1:1 supervision of campers
- Ensures a safe, and comfortable environment for the camper and staff.
- Assists camper in all needs laid out in the camper/parent assessment.
- Works with individuals who are physically impaired, sensory impaired, have speech and language difficulties, are emotionally vulnerable, have behavioural difficulties, or have a combination of these exceptionalities.
- Develops, plans, organizes, and modifies specialty instruction to accommodate the camper to ensure an inclusive camp experience
- Provides guidance and support to fellow staff, and volunteers to ensure inclusive programming is planned and implemented.
- Staff will follow and practice the HIGH FIVE – Principles of Healthy Child Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends, and Caring Adult).
- Assists with the supervision of Inclusion Camp Counselors. Perform weekly, mid summer, and year end staff evaluations.
- Assists with the covering of Integration Camp Counselor breaks.
- Hours of work will be between 7:15AM – 6:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children with exceptionalities.
- Excellent communication, programming, and leadership skills.
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention or equivalent training.
- Valid First Aid & CPR C Certification.
- High Five Certification.
- Quest 2 Certification.
Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work outside and follow all operating procedures and safety policies of the Township of King.
- Required to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, staff and other departments.
- Upon hire, completion of HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development, Quest 2, Standard First Aid and CPR C and submission of a Vulnerable Sector Screening are required.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be available to work all 14 weeks of the contract.
Period of Employment:
June 21. 2021 – September 3, 2021