Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $125.06-$128.06/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 24th to August 25th OR September 2nd, 2023
Reports To: Section Directors, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Inclusion Counsellor.
Inclusion Counsellors provide one-on-one, 24-hour support to campers with developmental disabilities or campers who need more support. They assist these campers with day-to-day challenges, and ensure supervision is maintained at all times. They also work with the counsellors in that cabin to meet the emotional, physical and safety needs of a group of up to 10 campers.
· Provide one-on-one support and supervision to campers with developmental disabilities or any camper who may need more support.
· Communicate with parents/guardians prior to the arrival of campers to develop a plan to make sure the camper has a safe, fun, and impactful experience at Camp Elphinstone.
· Work directly with the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Summer Camp Directors to ensure we are meeting each camper’s individual needs (emotional, physical, social, medical, and nutritional) are being met.
· Use resources and the help of other staff members to adapt camp programming and all aspects of life at Camp Elphinstone whenever necessary to ensure all campers can be included.
· Seek help from a supervisor when it is appropriate or necessary.
· Age 18+ by July 1, 2023
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Bronze Cross
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 Successful Reference Checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· Mental Health First Aid
This position is dependent on Canada Summer Jobs Program funding