Housekeeping/Dining Hall Staff
Housekeeping Staff (2 Positions)
Camp Wanapitei is seeking 2 Housekeeping Staff for our 2021 Summer Season.
Located on the beautiful shores of Sandy Inlet in Temagami, Camp Wanapitei is a summer camp for children and youth ages 7-18. We employ approximately 60 young people seasonally each summer. Our site staff are key players in ensuring a positive in-camp experience for our campers. This is a Canada Summer Jobs position and therefore candidates should be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- General cleaning and sanitizing of the camp site in accordance with health unit and COVID-19 guidelines including but not limited to: dining hall, restroom and shower facilities, common areas.
- Light laundry
- General maintenance support (painting, light repairs) as required
- Monitoring supplies and ensuring reorders are submitted in a timely manner
- Participating in camp programs if interested
- Site Manager and Camp Directors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to exercise good judgement in setting and carrying out daily tasks.
- Open to receiving feedback.
- Comfortable performing physically demanding tasks.
- Current police reference check required or willingness to obtain
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a child-centred environment
- Preference will be given to applicants with a G license or equivalent
This is a live-on-site position. Room and board will be provided at a cost of $70 for the season.
Pay: $4000-$5000 per season, depending on experience.
Dates: July 2 – September 1
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Wanapitei is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Upon request, Camp Wanapitei will provide to applicants with disabilities accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs.