Horseback Riding Day Camp Counsellor
Whitchurch Equestrian (previously Whitchurch Riding Academy) is a small business in Mount Albert, ON.
Our goal is to create a safe and fun environment that fosters a young riders love of horses and horsemanship.
We are searching for someone who is fun, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about horses and teaching to join us for our summer camp program. Team members must meet the needs of students with a wide variety of riding experience, from lead-line lessons, to first-time youth riders from beginner through intermediate levels. Qualified candidates should have experience working with children and a sound knowledge of riding skills and horse care.
Camp Counselors are responsible for engaging campers during all sessions. Counselors are responsible for maintaining high standards of health and safety, set up and clean-up of all camp activities, and following all camp policies and procedures.
- Professionalism, punctuality, personal dedication to educating riders at all levels, and commitment to self-improvement.
- Willing and able to work in a team-first environment.
- 17 years of age or older.
- 2 years previous experience with horses (horseback riding, and horsemanship knowledge).
- Enthusiastic and Friendly
- Leadership qualities, and the ability to be patient and have fun while working with children ages 7yrs – 16yrs.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate, and teach horseback riding lessons, activities, crafts and games.
- Supervise and be responsible for the health and safety of campers at all times.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and motivation.
- Ability to work in a sometimes hot, dusty and always busy environment.
- First Aid and CPR certifications are assets. If you do not have this, training can be provided..
- Transportation to and from Facility
- Mandatory staff training June 26th to 30 2023.
- Must agree to and pass a background check.