Heath Centre Assistant
The Health Centre Assistant lives on-site at Olympia Sports Camp, an overnight Summer Camp located outside of Huntsville, ON. The HCA participates in the care and well-being of campers, and staff. The incumbent is responsible to the Director of health, Camp Nurse and Executive Directors.
- Participates in the scheduled medication administration for resident campers during set times as needed
- Triages and sets care plans for campers and staff during clinic hours
- Documents all nursing activities using appropriate channels, either through paper or electronic records
- Assists with supporting day trips and overnights, including creating and filling medical bags, reviewing drug information with staff before leaving, and charting notes/medication administration records after each trip
- Participates in set up of each session, which may include creating paperwork, reviewing medical forms, running reports, and communicating camper needs with staff.
- Participates in the wrap up of each session, which may include filing paperwork, shredding documents, and debriefing with team.
- Assists with cleaning infirmary which includes making beds, laundering soiled linens, cleaning washroom facilities, sweeping, and mopping floors
- Participates in health promotion by assessing where needs are unmet and communicating with staff
- Participates in the closing of the infirmary.
- Hours of work are flexible and may be based on daily needs, which may include an am and pm shift to cover busy times. The working day is 8 hours and may be broken up to meet the needs of the infirmary.
- Communication is essential in this role and will need to happen on a regular basis.
What you will receive from us:
- Development and strengthening of leadership skills
- A fun filled work environment
- Develop and strengthen teamwork skills
- Impact people from a variety of backgrounds
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 year nursing school instruction with clinical skills experience
- Vulnerable sector check
- Current CPR C and Standard First Aid
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: $400 per week
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations: All staff and campers are required to be fully vaccinated to come to camp. Olympia Sports Camp has made extensive protocols to keep all staff and campers safe while at Olympia.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fourth Year student
- Practical nursing diploma
- Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Registered Practical Nurse Licence