Healthcare/Covid Compliance Coordinator
Located on the southernmost bay of Lake Simcoe in Roches Point only 50 minutes from Toronto, Camp Katonim has been creating lasting memories since 1932. Camp Katonim is a co-ed day camp offering an extensive range of waterfront, landsports and creative arts programming for children 4 – 16 years old. The camp operates Monday to Friday from 9 am – 4 pm for 8 week-long sessions, beginning July 5, 2021.
Camp Katonim is currently looking to hire a Coordinator, Healthcare/COVID Compliance. The ideal candidate is a student nurse who will have completed at least two years of a nursing program before the start of Summer 2021. RN’s will be considered. Reporting directly to the Camp Director and Director of Leadership and Operations, the Coordinator will play a key role in Covid-19 planning and preparation for the summer 2021 and will be responsible for administering on-site health care and overseeing covid compliance throughout the Summer Camp Program.
Camp Nursing is a rewarding opportunity to care for others in a non-traditional setting. Working in a camp environment provides a fun, challenging experience and opportunities for growth and leadership.
Dates of Employment
Start Date: June 28, 2021
End Date: August 28, 2021
- Responsible for the safety, health, and well-being of campers and staff;
- In consultation with Camp Director and Director of Leadership and Operations, develop camp-wide Covid-19 related policies, protocols and procedures;
- Set up and oversee Covid/health screening system for arriving campers and staff;
- Support staff with in-take Covid-19 screening questionnaires;
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and implement response plans whenever necessary in order to protect everyone involved;
- Oversee monitoring of campers and staff placed in isolation, as required;
- Promote sun safety, hydration, mental wellness;
- Have an outstanding knowledge of all conditions that may require special attention by reviewing all camper and staff medical forms prior to start of each session;
- Assist with daily first aid and medical emergencies, administer medications and treat injuries at any point while camp is in operation;
- Assist in the triage stage of assessment and recommend patients seek medical/dental appointments and refer campers to care of a doctor and/or hospital if necessary, in consultation with the Camp Director and/or Director of Leadership and Operations;
- Attend pre-camp training (virtually and on site) and attend meetings while at camp;
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camper health and safety, CPR, first aid, and use of universal precautions for infection control during pre-camp and throughout camp season, as required;
- Conduct beginning of summer, and end of summer, inventory of health care supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies;
- Check, issue and restock first-aid kits to all necessary areas around Camp;
- Communicate specific health issues, concerns, and happenings daily with the Camp Director and/or Director of Leadership and Operations;
- Document all issues/incidents for every camper and staff that is treated at camp;
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk-management assessment;
- Communicate with camp staff, and families regarding specific health care matters.
- Document all telephone, and email, communication with Camp Community in accordance with the camp communication expectations and protocol;
- Ensure all health and safety measures are being followed at all times;
- Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions in the camp;
- Prepare a summary and evaluation of the camp season: include inventories, staff evaluations, camper reports on health problems, and make recommendations for the following season;
- Other duties as assigned as required.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities and ability to problem solve effectively – the ability to work in a group environment;
- Completed 2nd year of nursing program;
- Experience working with children and adolescents, with individuals with developmental disabilities or in a summer camp environment is an asset;
- Available to live at the camp from Monday morning to Friday evening (private room) is an asset;
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certification;
- As a condition of employment, a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check and First Aid certification will be required.
How to Apply:
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and well qualified for this exciting opportunity please complete our online staff application at https://campkatonim.com/staff/ and submit your resume in confidence directly to Lawrence Axmith (our Camp Director) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 15, 2021. Please clearly state the job title in your email subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.