Health Care Provider & Integration Coordinator
Do you have a passion for caring for people and being outdoors? Do you love helping kids overcome obstacles so they can have great experiences? Then this may be the best summer job you will ever find!
Lambton Centre runs an Outdoor Education program and a Summer Camp program from June to August. We are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented, creative individuals who love the outdoors and working with children. This amazing experience offers great leadership development opportunities and a place to build your health care skills and make lifelong friends.
This position is a full-time contract position from mid-May to August. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing all health and safety precautions regarding camper and staff well-being; this includes the storage and distribution of all medications. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for communicating with campers and parents to ensure the integration of campers with a disability into the summer program.
Due to the current pandemic, the responsibilities of this position may need to be flexible depending on public health requirements.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- To provide constructive, consistent and modelled leadership for summer camp staff.
- Take the lead on infection management and safety for camp.
- To provide first aid care to campers and staff.
- To create, stock and supply “fanny pack” first aid kits for all cabin groups.
- To oversee the inclusion and integration of campers with a disability. Including assessing those needs and coordinating with parents.
- To work with staff who provide 1-on-1 support for campers with special needs to ensure a positive camp experience for both staff and camper.
- To maintain the proper and required documentation, including health care forms, MAR sheets, SOAP notes and incident reports.
- To provide a safe and comforting environment for campers who are feeling unwell.
- Ensure that all campers and staff receive their medication using the directions provided by the physician or caregiver.
- To lead sessions during staff training relevant to Health and Safety.
- To be present and available to all camp staff and campers during the day
- Accommodations are available throughout the summer. But the candidate must be able to live at camp when there are campers on site.
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors and the Ontario Campers Association, and the United Church of Canada Camping Association.
- Some post-secondary education in the medical field required
- Evident Organizational skills
- Ability to connect with parents/guardians in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated communication skills as well as the ability to speak publically
- Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
- Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
- Vulnerable Records Screening required
- First Aid / CPR Level C Certificate
Detailed Job description available upon request.
Application with attached Resumes must be submitted by February 20, 2022