Health Care Professional
WHO WE ARE
Camp Ouareau is an all-girl’s* summer camp in Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci, Québec with a unique language program that
gives campers the chance to connect with others in their second language. Just north of
Montréal, Ouareau is nestled between the Lanaudière mountains, the ideal place to practice
your French (or English!), make new friends, to work on leadership skills, and to be a part of
an empowering team of women*, all while taking advantage of Camp Ouareau’s lakeside
*Our work environment aims to create an inclusive space for gender minorities, whilst remaining predominantly an all-girls camp.
Ouareau is the place for you if:
– You love spending your summers outdoors, helping campers disconnect from technology and experience the beautiful Laurentian mountains.
– You want to contribute to a team that prioritizes building a positive community of self-growth and self-expression.
– You thrive in the energetic and fast-paced environment of taking care of campers, planning programs, and running activities.
– You want to gain experience in critical thinking, communication, complex problem-solving, crisis management, and childcare.
– You are keen to work within our bilingual program, giving both French & English speakers opportunities to improve their second language
In total, Camp Ouareau has approx. 220 campers and staff on site. We are looking for two
nurses to oversee our healthcare and first aid services for the 2022 season. As a nurse, you
will run the health center which includes taking care of drop-ins and short-term patients. You
will get the chance to develop communication skills through collaboration with campers and
staff, contribute to camp life, and help ensure the general wellbeing of our community.
- Assessing and managing health-related issues concerning campers and staff;
- Storing and distributing camper and staff personal medication;
- Keeping comprehensive health records for all campers and staff;
- Communicating daily updates to the Camp Director and supervising staff;
- Attending to patients staying in the health center for an extended period.
- Nurse, doctor, or first aider (students accepted) with CPR certification;
- Able to communicate in French and English;
- Passion for working with children;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Must be 18 years or older by June 23, 2024
CONTRACT DETAILS AND COMPENSATION
- June 12 to August 18, 2024
- One (1) day off during staff training and eight (8) throughout the summer, which includes midcamp break from noon on Friday July 19th to 4pm on Sunday July 21st.
- Health Care staff reside in a shared room (two people) in the newly-renovated Health Center, which has WiFi and a full bathroom with shower.
- Base compensation for a full summer contract is $6,650 + room and board. Increases based on experience and qualifications.