Health Care Assistant (Nursing Student)
WANTED: HEALTH CARE ASSISTANTS (Nursing Students or Paramedic Students)
Are you interested in spending your summer on a lake in Algonquin Park? Are you currently enrolled in a nursing program? If so, then you should come be a part of the Taylor Statten Camps staff team!
The Taylor Statten Camps are Canada’s oldest fourth generational family-run traditional summer camp. We are located on Canoe Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park. The camp is made up of Camp Wapomeo for Girls and Camp Ahmek for Boys.
Health Care Assistants/ Nursing Students/Paramedic Students
Camp: Ahmek & Wapomeo
We are currently seeking two moreHealth Care Assistants.
Working hand-in-hand with the Camp Doctor, the Camp Health Care Assistant is responsible for the day to day operation of the Camp Infirmary. The camps are a busy place during the summer and Health Care Assistants can expect to see a wide variety of cases.
We are looking for two Health Care Assistants to work with the camp doctor and to run the infirmary at Wapomeo, and two Health Care Assistants to work with the camp doctor and run the infirmary at Ahmek.
Nursing students and Paramedic Students are welcome. 3rd and 4th year students are preferred, but 1ST AND 2nd year students are also welcome to apply.
You should have experience working with children and adolescents and ideally some have past camp or outdoors experience. You are responsible for the health and wellness of the camp and staff.
- Ensure each staff member and camper has on file a health history form, as required.
- Conduct health screening for campers when they arrive to camp and when they return from canoe trip.
- Conduct inventory of supplies and report to the Camp Doctor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Monitor health of all staff and campers and administer medications and first- aid when appropriate.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, and managing and safeguarding medications.
- Check and issue first- aid kits.
- Keep incident and accident reports on file.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Standard First Aid or Equivalent and CPR “B”
- AED Certified
- Enrolled in a Nursing degree or a Paramedic course at a Canadian institution
Compensation varies depending on experience. All positions include free room, board, laundry and use of facilities.
Interested candidates are encouraged to use the online application process found at www.taylorstattencamps.com. Or email email@example.com.