Health Care Assistant
Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD
The Healthcare Assistant supports the Healthcare Coordinator in:
- Addressing all cases of injury and/or illness
- Instituting preventative healthcare measures and educating the staff on health-related issues in the camp setting
- Supporting the implementation of Camp Kirk’s COVID safety plan. The Healthcare Coordinator will be responsible for conducting pre-screening and daily screening procedures and administering antigen testing.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The dates of employment run from June 14th – August 30th, 2022. Staff reside at camp in cabins with 3-4 other staff members. Room and Board is provided over and above the salary.
The compensation for first-year staff is $5,285*
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- Full COVID vaccination is mandatory for all staff members
- Minimum required experience: completing final year of healthcare-focused program (i.e. nursing, paramedic)
- Previous experience working with children is an asset
Fill out a Staff Application through the Camp Kirk website, www.campkirk.com/jobs