Head Tripper and Trip staff
Head Tripper (18+), Trippers (17+)
We are looking for YOU!
If you are 17+, hold your Bronze Cross or NL certification and have experience participating in and leading canoe trips – this is the position for you! WILLING TO TRAIN IN POSITION IF NO LIFEGUARD CERTS
A full job description and benefits of working at Camp Big Canoe can be found on our website.
Responsible to the Head Resource
Basic Duties (more listed in the job description on our website)
- Is responsible for the day to day operation of the on and off-site tripping programs (hiking and canoeing)
- Coordinate leadership of camp craft (fire building, shelter building etc) program
- Ensures the health, safety and security of the campers
- Must know the whereabouts of each child in the unit
- Is available to listen and understands when a child wants or needs to talk with them
- Understands that their campers will imitate them. You are the coolest almost adult they know and they want to be just like you!
Why work at camp? What are the benefits?
- You are welcome to discover/ indulge your creativity and passion for the environment, justice, education and phenomenal programming.
- You will save most of what you earn as there is no pressure to go out to the movies or dinner with friends! We do that on site!
- We have a full time camp Nurse on site at our Wellness Center who can help you navigate any medical issues that may come up.
- We allow staff a flexible schedule. If you are only able to work part of the summer or need a day off for a family/ school event, we are able to accommodate those needs.
- Room & board are included as part of your salary
- Employers are looking for soft skills which we use daily in camp life, like adapting quickly in a changing environment. We teach these and help you develop new strengths!