Head Ropes Course Instructor
Sparrow Lake Camp
Sparrow Lake Camp
The most fun you can have while making the biggest difference in the lives of kids!
Since 1912, Sparrow Lake Camp has been a not-for-profit traditional overnight summer camp located just north of Orillia on beautiful Sparrow Lake. Sparrow Lake is an inclusive community aimed at providing quality camp experiences for children and youth regardless of religion, gender, culture, ability, or economic status.
Title: Head Adventure Zone (Ropes Course) Instructor
Location: Sparrow Lake, Severn, Ontario – Between Orillia & Gravenhurst, Ontario
Dates of Employment: June 25, 2022 – September 5, 2022
Salary $3,000-$4,000 plus room & board commensurate with experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the camp season
- Current Level II Ropes Certification
- Facilitation and group development experience
- Current Standard First Aid and Level C-CPR
- Must submit a Police Reference Check
Purpose: The purpose of the position of the Head Adventure Zone Instructor is to coordinate and supervise all aspects of the camp’s high and low ropes course programs in a manner consistent with the goals and aims of Sparrow Lake Camp.
Position Responsibilities: The Head Adventure Zone Instructor oversees all facets of the operation of the camp’s high and low adventure programs. The health and safety of all staff and campers involved in the program is a primary concern for the Head Adventure Zone Instructor.
In accordance with camp policies, the Head Adventure Zone Instructor is responsible for:
- Supervising all aspects of the camp’s Adventure Zone program including special days and activities.
- Working in coordination with camp staff to maintain a high degree of safety in the area.
- Facilitating fun, engaging, experiential programs that meet the needs of all camper age groups.
- Organizing the set-up of the high and low ropes course area and equipment.
- Organizing and maintaining the equipment inventory and activity area.
- Facilitating the training of staff assisting with the Adventure Zone program.
- Assisting with the adventure program budget and making recommended purchases.
- Submitting a program report before summer contract ends.
- Fulfilling all general Resource Staff duties including participating in staff meetings.
- Acting as a “cabin mascot” for camper cabin groups.
Apply online Today via our Website at www.sparrowlakecamp.com