Head Office Administrator
The Camp: Founded in 1947 Kandalore offers a traditional camp experience for children 6 – 16. Originally operating as a boy’s camp, Kandalore became co-educational in 1992. The camp prides itself on its warm and supportive community where children are made to feel included in the camp culture. The supportive nature of the camp allows for the campers to try new activities and develop new skills with the help of caring staff members.
The Role: The successful applicant will be friendly, customer-service oriented, responsible, very well-organized and able to cope with a busy office atmosphere. Familiarity or experience with summer camp and administrative work is recommended.
This role begins at our Toronto office working Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm. The position then moves up to our site located near Minden, Ontario mid-June where all staff live on-site until the end of August.
- Communication with camper families and staff (via telephone & email).
- Organizing and recording all camper follow-up information and staff paperwork.
- Assisting with organizing all camper transportation.
- Overseeing our online Tuck Shop and pre-summer inventory counts.
- Overseeing parent to camper e-mail program, and all mail at camp.
- General office administration (keeping supplies in stock, petty cash, helping staff with camper information, running reports, etc.).
The applicant should have a general working knowledge of word processing, database, email and spreadsheet programs. Familiarity with Camp Brain, Excel, Outlook and a client-oriented background are an asset.
Start Date: May 2nd, 2022 (in Toronto)
**moving to camp mid-June 2022 (Kandalore is located near Minden, ON)
Must live on-site June to August
End Date: August 30th, 2022
(potential extension to October 2022)
Contract length: 4 months
Expected start date: 2022-05-02