Head of Waterfront
Head of Waterfront
Come join the Kandalore community and spend your summer on our beautiful waterfront! Providing a space for both campers and staff to explore our camps diverse programming, the Head of Waterfront ensures this space is safe and interactive for all! Please read below a brief detailing of the daily duties for this position and reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in learning more!
Duration: June 18th – August 27th, 2024
Standing: Program Manager
- National Lifeguard Certification
- Swimming Instructors Certification
- Lifesaving Instructors Certification
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for enforcement of all safety policies and procedures on the waterfront. Communication and clarification is a key aspect of this role
- Head the teaching of our Waterfront Emergency Procedures
- Support our waterfront programming – including creating lesson plans, supporting bronze med and cross classes/examinations, facilitation of programming etc.
- Ensure swim and waterfront activity ratios are being met and followed on the waterfront at all times.
- Ensure all lifeguarding equipment is maintained and in full repair
- Ensure all evening programs are adequately lifeguarded and ratios are followed. Must be on the waterfront for any evening programs.
- Maintenance of all water activities (including docks, plunga, K2, and water tramp), inflating when needed and cleaning (this is sometimes a daily occurrence).
- Maintenance of crash boats at sailing (including cleaning, bailing after rain storms and ensuring boat has 2 paddles and lifejackets for all passengers/drivers)
- Check kayak and sup equipment and ensure there are enough boats, paddles and lifejackets at activity dailies. Check every period if activities.
- Assist with swim tests on the first day of each session.
- Make the free swim guard duty schedule. Making sure there is at least one senior staff for buddy board and one qualified NLS staff member.
- Pick up waterfront walkie and binder every morning before the beginning of activities, ensuring walkie-talkie has been charged for the day the night before.
- Check-in at the beginning of every activity change with ski, snorkel, sail, SUP, water trampoline, K2, plunga, swim, canoe and kayak to ensure they have all campers.