Head of Swim Programs
Dates of Employment
Start Date: July 19, 2021
End Date: August 27, 2021
Location: Minden, ON
Onondaga Camp is looking for a Head of Swim Programs to oversee all safety on our waterfront. Onondaga Camp delivers Red Cross and LifeSaving Society Swim Lessons
• Schedule and supervise a team of swim staff to deliver program to roughly 80 campers each hour.
• Ensure staff are actively teaching swim levels for all periods.
• Ensure accurate record keeping of all swim records for each session.
• Provide feedback to all staff, including informal and bi-weekly reviews
• Ensure staff are actively engaged with kids, and getting in the water consistently.
• Ensure swim tests are completed on the first night of each session.
• Organize and schedule and Bronze Med & Bronze Cross exams at the end of August
• Assist in managing the completion of report cards (completed by swim staff)
➢ Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Qualification (NL). NL waterfront is considered an asset.
➢ Lifesaving Society Examiners is an asset.
➢ Previous experience working at a summer camp is preferable.
➢ The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organization skills.
➢ As noted, this is a position which involves working closely with camp staff who are responsible for keeping our campers safe on the waterfront with strong guarding techniques and attention to safety. People skills and understanding of others is key in this position.
The Application Process
To apply, please complete our online application at www.onondagacamp.com, or send resume and cover letter to Graham MacLellan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Onondaga Camp values the diversity of people. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided, on request, to support candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.