Head of Sports – Willowgrove Day Camp
Willowgrove is a land-based, not-for-profit organization known for our focus on outdoor experiences for people of all ages. Since 1968, Willowgrove has offered camping, outdoor education, and recreation programs year-round to our community and beyond.
Willowgrove is a Christian organization that seeks to nurture the spiritual, social, emotional and physical growth of children and youth through a variety of programs in a natural setting. In pursuit of this mission, Willowgrove is committed to:
- Nurturing Growth We facilitate physical, emotional, spiritual, and social development.
- Welcoming Community We embrace diverse relationships, accountability, acceptance, and belonging.
- Building Peace We champion justice, hope and healing.
- Honouring Land We participate in conservation, sustainability, reconciliation and conversation.
- Cultivating Learning We encourage inquiry, discovery and transformational education.
Job Description: The Willowgrove Program Staff are responsible for helping the Programs Coordinator with the development and execution of program areas at camp.
Head of Sports: June 12 – August 25, 2023. This position oversees leading the specialty sports program for our Sophomore and Senior divisions, as well as assisting with leading the general sports program for other divisions and any other programs as needed. During the spring, the Head of Sports will assist the program team curriculum development and getting the camp prepared for the summer. May be required to drive the camp tractor for wagon rides. No prior experience is necessary as all training will be provided. Must be available for Staff Orientation on Saturday, June 24 and Sunday June 25.