Head of Ropes- Outdoor Centre
OLYMPIA SPORTS CAMP
Position : Outdoor Education Head of Ropes
Location: 2400 Limberlost Road, Huntsville, Ontario, P1H 2J6
Employment: April 23-June 21 2024
Reports to: Directors of Outdoor Education
Overview of Olympia
Olympia Sports Camp is a world-class, up-beat, dynamic and safe environment, where campers learn to participate and share in a community that focuses on positive energy and peer encouragement.
- Collaborate in evaluating staff skills.
- Participate in initial training and continuous training sessions for the staff.
- Oversee the proper storage and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure strict adherence to OPHEA, OCA, and TSSA regulations.
- Act as a point of contact for staff members to address potential ropes-related issues.
- Assist in handling ropes-related documentation and paperwork.
- Conduct aerial inspections as required.
- Coordinate and manage rescue procedures in conjunction with OED directors.
- Promptly report significant concerns to the OED director responsible for ropes.
- Fulfill all standard OED instructor duties.
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Clean Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working at Olympia’s ropes & challenge courses
- ACCT Level 2
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience with children
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work long hours
If you are interested in the job, please apply to Our Team | Olympia Sports Camp