Head of Canoe
Head of Canoeing
Come join the Kandalore community and spend your summer on our beautiful waterfront! Providing a space for campers to develop their canoeing skills, the Head of Canoe ensures a safe and engaging program for all. We are searching for a canoeing enthusiast to take on the Kandalore’s Canoe program with strong leadership and unwavering passion. Please read below a brief detailing of the daily duties for this position and reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in learning more!
Duration: June 18th – August 27th, 2024
Standing: Program Manager
- ORCKA Basic Canoe Instructors
- ORCKA Level 4
- Strong canoe experience
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for the management of the canoeing program as a whole, including the management of staff.
- Planning/facilitating appropriate canoe lesson plans for each specific ORCKA level
- Demonstrating strong paddling skills; must have your ORCKA Basic Canoe Instructors and highly recommend having ORCKA level 4
- Enforce and establish proper care and handling of all equipment
- Tracks each campers level progression and completes a report card for the end of each session
- Provide feedback to all staff, including informal and bi-weekly reviews.
- Personally conducts written evaluations for LITs and Pathfinders every 2 weeks.
- Coordinate LIT and Pathfinder ORCKA program with Leadership directors.
- Inventory – constant understanding of program needs and communication of those needs to the program director.
- Ensures the activity area is kept clean, organized and properly maintained each day
- Facilitates opportunities for further skill development during 5:00 pm activity time
- Support other aspects of Kandalore’s program. (Tuck, Special Program, Pathfinder)
- Have an active presence in camp life. Enjoy the Kandalore environment and participate in camp-wide events