Pearce Williams Summer Camp (PW) is looking for a qualified Head Lifeguard to oversee the aquatics program and lead camper cabin groups this summer. Lifeguards are responsible for managing the pool upkeep and supervising campers and staff in the pool over the course of the summer.
Our summer program consists of seven week long sessions and pre-summer training events. Those aged 16+ are eligible to apply, with preference given to post-secondary aged applicants, with demonstrable leadership skills, strong organizational skills, a love of summer camp, problem solving skills, the ability to work with children and other staff, as well as the ability to perform all the job duties in a Christ like manner. PW campers range in age from 5 to 15. Staff are 16+.
Head Lifeguard Qualifications;
- Lifeguards must have NLS certification as well as Standard First Aid Certificate, or be willing to obtain one.
- Swimming instructor qualifications are an asset.
- Candidate must be 18+ years of age as of July 17, 2022.
The job description for all staff at Pearce Williams is to do what needs to be done to ensure that our summer campers have the most amazing summer camp experience.
Staff are required to have a Standard First Aid Certificate, a current criminal records check and relevant experience. Swimming qualifications (NLS) an asset, but not necessary.
Camp will ask you to commit to the following dates. All training is paid.
- A training weekend – Friday, May 27 at 7pm to Sunday, May 29 at 5pm
- A training week – Sunday, July 10 at 7pm to Friday, July 15 at 5pm
- We then run 6 weeks of camp from July 17, 2022 to August 26, 2022. You would live on site while you work at camp – from Sunday nights to Friday nights. Note that you do not have to work all 6 weeks of camp – it depends on the number of campers who sign up and your own availability.
- Preference is given to people who can attend all training and work all 6 weeks of camp.
- Spring work is also available in May & June to help prepare the camp for summer.
Please visit our website to find out more information about Pearce Williams and to apply – www.campisbetter.com/join-staff
Compensation varies depending on experience. These positions include room & board during camp sessions.
Location: Pearce Williams Summer Camp & Retreat Facility, Iona, Ontario (30 minutes southwest of London).