Located Northwest of the city or Owen Sound, Camp Presqu’ile covers 14 acres of beautiful Georgian Bay shoreline. In partnership with the Owen Sound Rotary Club, the YMCA of Owen Sound has provided overnight summer camp to youth aged 6-16 for the past 90 years. With high quality programming, dedicated staff and a welcoming community Camp Presqu’ile has something for everyone! Presqu’ile is a small camp with a big heart. Working in a small camp allows you to build strong meaningful connections with campers and staff. Don’t miss out on a summer of fun on the shores of Georgian Bay!
Nature and Scope:
Our head cook must enjoy preparing healthy and kid friendly meals three times a day along with snacks throughout the week. Our head cook will require a high level of organization and an ability to multi-task. Working in a kitchen is a fast paced working environment that challenges you to think quickly and be prepared. Our head cook will be need to take full responsibility to meeting all health standards, supervising pre cooks, all food ordering and ensuring the timely delivery of meals through out the summer.
For more detailed descriptions of this position, including contract dates and wages, please review our Hiring Package
- All staff must possess Standard First Aid and CPR-C as well as their Safe Food Handler Certification
- Minimum age of 18 years old by June 30th,2022
- Ability to work entire summer contract
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently to achieve optimal collective results
- Well- developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and participants
- Must be able to provide, prior to start date, a vaccination certificate issued by the government of the province of Ontario proving full vaccination against COVID-19 or alternatively a valid medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable criminal reference check (VCRC) is a job requirement.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé, and completed YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form
Please address applications to Scotia Hutton, Summer Camp Director and submit them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org