Apply here: https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com
Job Summary: The Head Cook will oversee the kitchen to ensure that the kitchen runs in a safe smooth manner. They are responsible for ordering food and ensuring that campers and staff recieve healthy tasty meals. They provide supervision and direction in the kitchen, ensuring that all kitchen staff have what they need to be successful.
Terms: 40 hrs/week: June 26 to September 1, 2023. Salary: $8000.
- Coordinate food storage according to all Cave Springs Camp and Niagara Public Health standards.
- Create camp menus in accordance with the camp budget and nutritional goals.
- Coordinate the procurement of all food.
- Supervise the preparation of all food.
- Ensure that the camp nut and allergy policies are followed in food preparation.
- Supervise the provision of menu alternatives for campers and staff with special food needs.
- Ensure that meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available.
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies.
- Operate and maintain all kitchen equipment according to manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines.
- Act as a positive role-model for staff, campers, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care, including health and well-being.
- Supervise, train, guide, and work together with all kitchen staff.
- Model and uphold all community norms and expectations.
- Model and facilitate a positive, supportive and encouraging atmosphere in the kitchen team.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Facilitate a productive and positive conflict resolution process, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, senior leaders and the directing team.
- Maintain confidentiality for all camper and staff private information.
- Set personal goals and engage in ongoing self reflection and growth.
- Support the camp program, as available and appropriate.
- Other job related duties, as assigned.