If Interested please submit an application to https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Contract from June 24th until August 27th. Remuneration of $600 per week. Room and Board included. Onsite accommodation not required.
Purpose of Position
- To provide daily supervision, mentorship, and support for the kitchen team
- To promote care, safety, and inclusivity for campers and staff
- To provide oversight for daily preparation of timely, healthy, and enjoyable meals for campers and staff.
- To be an effective part of a staff team committed to providing a positive experience for all community members.
Conditions of Employment for a Program Coordinator
That the employee:
- Submits to a criminal reference check at their own expense no later than June 24th (if over 18).
- Provides proof of a current certification in either Emergency First Aid with CPR-C or Standard First Aid with CPR-C for infant/child/adult or equivalent from a WSIB accredited organization by June 24.
- Provide proof of a current Food Handlers Certification by June 24th.
- Agrees to the full term of employment and is available to work the appointed schedule.
- Attends and participates fully in all Staff Training programs; the Camp Director must be notified of all schedule conflicts as soon as possible.
- Agrees to live by and ensures the maintenance of all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
Responsibilities and Expectations of a Program Coordinator
- Be accountable to the Camp Director
- Submit an outline of the menu to the Director by July 5 of the year of employment.
- Work cooperatively with the Health Care Coordinator to ensure Health Standards, as they affect the operation of the kitchen, are maintained.
- Accommodate special diets if within the capabilities of Cave Springs Camp kitchen.
- Prepare, cook and serve food according to the nutritional guidelines set out by Canada’s Food Guide.
- Cooperate and plan with the Camp Director for any special programs involving food.
- Plan and supervise the daily work schedule for self and kitchen staff around the preparation, serving, storage of food and cleaning of kitchen and dining area.
- Assist and/or supervise all aspects of food preparation.
- Place the food order whenever needed and ensure there is enough nutritious food for everyone on site.
- Assist and/or supervise kitchen clean up:
- Washing dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils
- Sweeping and mopping floor area
- Assist and/or supervise the safe storage of food.
- Ensure that all garbage is removed from the kitchen and sent to the appropriate areas (dumpster, compost, recycling)
- Understand and execute Camp Kitchen Policies and Procedures.
- Practise good health habits and maintain personal appearance.
- Be completely familiar with emergency procedures.
- Assist and/or supervise a mid summer and end of summer clean of the kitchen.
- Any other duty or responsibility as requested by the Camp Director
- A responsibility and expectation to contribute positively to working as a team with all staff members:
- Attends and participates fully in all pre-camp training sessions.
- Openly receives feedback and questions from program staff.
- Effectively communicates the needs and concerns of campers and staff to the Camp Director and Assistant Director.
- Effectively communicates necessary information to other members of the senior staff team.
- Facilitates the learning and growth of all staff members.
- Role-models teamwork, professionalism, and inclusivity.
- Appropriately maintains confidentiality
- A responsibility and expectation for personal care, growth and learning:
- Sets personal goals and engages in on-going self-evaluation.
- Utilizes the resources of other members of the staff team and campers.
- Is a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Is a role-model for personal leadership through effective time management
- Engages in ongoing skill development.
- A responsibility and expectation for community living:
- Is actively involved in planning, facilitating, and providing resources for other staff and campers.
- Assists in planning and implementation of staff training events
- Implements program adjustments throughout the summer season
- Is actively involved in the planning and implementation of camp-wide events such as evening games, campfires, worship and other events.
- Takes care of equipment and the facility.
- Works effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Takes responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follows COVID-19 policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Supports and lives by all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
- A responsibility for other duties as may be required:
- Recognizes duties may be re-assigned or additional responsibilities may be requested as needed to fulfill Cave Springs Camp mission and vision.
- The Program Coordinator member is accountable to the Camp Director and Assistant Director
- Ongoing direction and supervision are provided by the Camp Director and Assistant Director