Contract Dates: June 1st to August 23rd (start date is flexible + possibility of a shorter contract)
Salary Range: $1250 – $1450/week, based on experience.
Who we are:
Camp Ouareau is an all-girl’s summer camp in Canada, with a unique language program that gives campers from a range of different backgrounds the chance to develop their skills and connect with others in a second language. Just north of Montréal, Ouareau is nestled between the Lanaudière mountains, the ideal place to practice your French (or English!), to work on leadership skills, and to be a part of a dynamic and empowering team of women, all while taking advantage of the camp’s lakeside location!
Here’s a sneak peak to see what a summer at Ouareau looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwOHZLpCPw
The wellness and wellbeing of campers and staff is a top priority for us at Camp Ouareau, and food plays a huge part in this. From the nutritional value required to get you through an active day at Camp to the home cooked meal that simply makes you feel at home. As the Head Chef at Camp Ouareau, you will lead a team of 3-4 individuals to ensure that all aspects of the kitchen are in order and all the food-related needs of our campers and staff are met.
- Preparation of 3 meals a day and small snacks for around 220 people;
- Managing team of 3-4 cooks;
- Managing of food orders, inventory, ingredients, and meal leftovers;
- Managing and maintaining all kitchen equipment;
- Planning and execution of the weekly menu;
- Planning and preparing of meal alternatives for food restrictions, intolerances and/or allergies;
- Complying with all food safety and health measures, including Covid-19 preventative measures.
- 5+ years of experience in the culinary field;
- Certification in hygiene and sanitation standards;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in team management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Ability to operate various kitchen appliances, including but not limited to, gas grill, gas fryer, 6 burner stoves, ovens, meat grinders, food processors;
- Be physically able to work 10 hour shifts, with the majority of the time spent on your feet;
- Knowledge of basic French.
- 10 hour shift (with breaks);
- Monday to Friday, weekends;
- One full day off per week.
Housing: You will be required to live either on site or at a short distance from Ouareau.
- Accommodation and meals are provided;
- Casual dress;
- Working at a beautiful, lake-side location;
- Access to camp activity equipment during times off (canoe, kayak, rock climbing, archery, etc.);
- Opportunity to contribute to a positive and empowering community of women;
- Opportunities for personal development of skills such as leadership and team-building.
For any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you 🙂