Head Chef/Food Services Supervisor
Date Posted: June 29, 2021
Position Title: Head Chef/Food Services Supervisor
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone: Gibsons, BC
Terms: Seasonal Contract, Full-time (37.5 hours/week, must be flexible with shifts)
Hiring Range: $25.00 per hour
Start Date: August 25, 2021
End Date: October 20, 2021
(Will move to Casual as of October 21, 2021 to November 30, 2021)
Reports To: Manager, YMCA Camp Elphinstone
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is located on the Sunshine Coast, a 40 minute ferry trip from Vancouver. The Sunshine Coast is a vibrant community committed to natural environments, sustainability and the arts. Potential to live on site if necessary.
From September to June, Camp Elphinstone operates as an Outdoor Education, Recreation and Retreat Centre for schools, businesses, clubs, and other special interest groups. Camp Elphinstone currently serves over 12,000 participants annually.
YMCA Camp Elphinstone has accommodation and dining for up to 400 people and has programs and equipment for swimming, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, stand up paddleboarding, low/high ropes, rock climbing, wilderness and environmental programs, archery, crafts and more. Camp Elphinstone employs approximately 140 staff/volunteers during July and August, with a team between 20-50 for the spring and fall Outdoor Education seasons, and a smaller core team of 10 staff during the winter season. Successful Camp Elphinstone staff are self-motivated individuals whose ambition is to help children and youth develop in an outdoor camp setting.
Nature and Scope:
The Head Chef Supervisor, Food Services will provide leadership in the kitchen and in our hospitality department ensuring our services deliver on our vision of building a community in which a generation of children and families can reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Manager, the Supervisor will be responsible for developing and implementing high quality food service and hospitality, reviewing and updating systems, and ensuring adherence to Association policies and procedures. There is opportunity to live on-site at YMCA Camp Elphinstone.
This position is contingent on programs being operational based on public health guidelines and any other relevant factors.
- Develop and implement strategies that achieve and sustain high standards of food service and hospitality
- Coaching and leading a strong staff team
- Maintaining YMCA and Health and Safety Standards
- Being a positive role model of our mission, vision, and values
- Manage and meet targets in YMCA operating plans and budgets tied to Food Service and Hospitality delivery
- Developing and delivering training that supports the professional development of staff and volunteers
- Participates in and promotes YMCA charitable goals and annual campaign
- Provides leadership as a member of the YMCA Camp Elphinstone Leadership team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a supervisory/management role
- University Degree, Diploma, Certificate with significant experience in related field
- Developed interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask and remain results focused in a high demand environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule according to operational needs
- Strong communication skills
- Standard First Aid-CPR C and WHIMIS Certificate required
- Food Safe Level 1 required
- Food Safe Level 2 is an asset
- Knowledge of food sensitivities and ability to cater to a variety of specialized diets from our nut free kitchen
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority, and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development. Shares knowledge and experience.
Decision-Making: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues: ability to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Thank you for your interest and application.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted