Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offers remarkable Day Camps during the summer, on a picturesque urban campus in the heart of Toronto. We offer a wide selection of camp options, for children aged 4 to 12, streamlined into four main categories: Arts, Sports, STEM and Swim Camps. Campers and staff will enjoy utilizing our beautiful 13-acre campus and our state-of-the-art facilities. We help cultivate a team environment at Branksome Hall Day Camps where all staff feel valued for their contributions.
Branksome Hall Day Camps (BHDC) is proud to deliver high quality programs that provide an opportunity for fun, friendships and learning to over 2,000 campers each year. We are seeking creative and dynamic Camp Group Leads who will be responsible for the overall leadership of the camp program for their group, along with safety and supervision of the campers. Successful Group Lead candidates will use their specialized skills and experience to lead the delivery of lessons and programming throughout the week. Group Leads assume active leadership, providing guidance to Camp Counsellors with whom they will work cooperatively and collaboratively, and use their strong interpersonal skills to maintain open lines of communication with colleagues and
families. Dedication, creativity, organization and enthusiasm are hallmarks of excellent Group Leads who will be positive role models to ensure a safe and fun camp experience for both campers and staff.
Please click here for further details on the duties and responsibilities of a Group Lead.
Branksome Hall Day Camps (BHDC) will run for 8 weeks, June 24 to August 16, 2024, on weekdays from 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Group Leads may be required to be available beyond their standard hours to participate in After Care when required or in the event of an emergency or other unexpected and time sensitive situation arises. Camps will not operate on July 1 or August 5 due to holidays.
There will be mandatory Camp Staff Training days in June 2024 as follows:
● Saturday, June 8, 2024, Saturday June 15, 2024 & Monday June 17, 2024
Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have completed specific training/education, and/or have sufficient experience in the area of specialization
• Camp experience or experience leading programs for children/youth is an asset
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification required before start of camp
• High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification is an asset
• Strong leadership skills developed through progressively responsible experience in a leadership role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC) required
• Ability to take charge, problem solve and motivate others
• Ability to work with and lead a wide variety of ages and demographic groups
• Working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
• Participation in recreational swim and outdoor water activities
• May require working After Care (up until to 6:00 p.m.) from week to week, as necessary
• May require assisting campers who identify as same gender with changing clothes
• Physical ability to lead, and participate with, children of varying ages in a wide variety of challenging activities in
• Lifting and moving camp equipment and supplies from one location to another
• Walking and/or standing for long periods of time (3+ hours at a time, 7+ hours per day)
Compensation & Benefits:
• Hourly pay rate ranges from $18.60 to $20.60, depending on experience
• Daily lunch, snacks and morning coffee/tea provided
• Use of campus fitness facilities
• an amazing summer with a supportive team, filled with fun opportunities of leadership development and growth
How to apply:
If you thrive working in a team environment and want to have an awesome summer working with
children, please apply to join our team! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall Day Camps.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall and our Camps, please visit http://branksomecamps.ca/