Easter Seals Camp Woodeden is looking for a hard working, positive and reliable individual to join our team as a Grounds Maintenance staff. This person is responsible for a variety of duties as outlined by the Site Manager.
Contract details : 35 hours per week. 16 week contract. Monday to Friday. Some weekends might be required. Must be able to start immediately.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs Program contract position, funded by the Government of Canada. To be eligible for the position, you must certify that you are between 15 and 30 years of age and are legally entitled to work in Canada.
The general duties include:
• Grass cutting and trimming
• Weeding and watering of garden areas
• Assisting maintenance staff with the upkeep of the Camp facilities
• Painting and other minor repairs of camp structures
• Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager
Qualifications and experiences:
• Experience with lawn care equipment an asset
• Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and self direction
• Hard working, dependable and responsible
• Maintain a cheerful, positive and helpful attitude at all times
• Able to work continuously in a physically demanding environment
• Able to work outside in all types of weather
• Safety shoes required
Must have a source of transportation. Camp Woodeden is located within the City of London limits however we are not located on a public transit route.
Must have a clear Criminal Record Check