Reports To: Site Manager
Compensation: $15.50 – $16.50
Location: 2311 Oxford St W. London, ON
Employment Dates: May 8, 2023 – September 7, 2023 (start dates, end dates, and working hours are flexible)
Camp Woodeden is seeking groundskeeper for the summer camping season. We offer camping experiences to kids and young adults with disabilities and our cleaning crew is an integral part of ensuring that we provide a safe and fun experience. Our groundskeepers work as a team to maintain landscaping, gardening, and general site maintenance. Camp Woodeden offers many opportunities to work outside on our beautiful 100+ acre site. Working at camp will provide the opportunity to have variation in your workday, enjoy time outside, and play a meaningful role in a camping program that is highly prized within our community.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Grass cutting and trimming
• Weeding and watering gardens
• Assisting with maintenance and upkeep of camp facilities
• Painting and minor repairs
• Other general cleaning and site duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
Physical Aspects of the Job
• Ability to manage time effectively across a wide variety of tasks.
• Must be able to work safely and efficiently on a site that includes forest trails, steep hills, and wildlife.
• Must be dependable, responsible, and respectful of campers & staff
• Must be a team player with the ability to get along with other staff
• Comfortable using basic landscaping tools (gardening tools, lawn mower, weed trimmer)
• Willing to work both indoors and outdoors throughout the summer.
• Must have reliable transportation as Camp, while in the City of London, is not on a bus route.
• Must be able and willing to follow COVID-19 guidelines
Minimum age: 16 years
Previous landscaping experience an asset, but not required. Training will be provided.
• It is required that all staff be fully vaccinated against Covid19 and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by Provincial and Regional Health Units.
• Should be capable of lifting and transferring 15 – 25 kgs in a safe manner.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from site.
• A criminal record check is required in order to work on Easter Seals property in any capacity.
• Available working shifts include daytime weekdays and weekends. Some opportunity for evening work may be available in select circumstances.
To Apply: Contact Site Manager Howard Botten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.200.6462.
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.