Glen Mhor Program Coordinator
Cairn Family of Camps
The Glen Mhor Program Coordinators oversee program design, development and implementation of all Glen Mhor programs and camp-wide activities, as per the theme of each week’s program, alongside the Program Manager. The Glen Mhor Program Coordinators are responsible for developing schedules and resources to communicate with the Counselling Staff with whom they work each week. The Glen Mhor Programmers will be trained in leading and facilitating all program areas, and will regularly lead cabin-based programs in conjunction with the cabin Counsellor(s). In everything they do, the Glen Mhor Program Coordinators will strive to provide the best camper experience, and ensure that camp is a safe inclusive environment that encourages self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood.
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Program Development Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement all Glen Mhor camp-wide activities, including but not limited to camp-wide games, morning devotions, free-play time, campfire, camper choice programs, and weekly program-specific activities.
- Develop and implement weekly themes, and special events for Glen Mhor programs.
- Facilitate cabin programs daily in conjunction with the cabin Counsellors.
- Set up and clean-up program areas daily.
- Complete regular inspection, maintenance and organization of all program areas, in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Manage inventory for program supplies and resources. Ensure supplies are stored safely throughout and at the end of the season.
- Camper Care Responsibilities:
- Ensure camper safety and wellbeing is prioritized in all actions and decisions.
- Professionally and supportively address any camper needs (emotional, disciplinary etc.) in conjunction with the Counsellors and Counselling Manager.
- Organize and maintain the smooth running of Glen Mhor program areas.
- Complete administrative duties related to camper care, including but not limited to behaviour logs, situation of concern logs, communication logs, creating alternative schedules etc.
- Assist the Counselling Manager with family/parent communications including but not limited to pre-camp contact, weekly email updates, phone calls to new camper families, behavioral phone calls, etc.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with children and youth
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a camp staff member, or equivalent
- Personal skills: creativity, empathy, collaboration, integrity, problem-solving ability, organization, growth mindset
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- A minimum of one of the following qualifications: National Lifeguard Certification, Challenge Course Certifications (Level 1 Ropes), or a G Driver’s license.
- Swim Instructor Certification or ORCKA Instructor an asset, and/or willingness to obtain certification prior to the summer camp season.
- Experience in music, arts, dance, drama, sports, or outdoor skills programming an asset.
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- The successful applicant is required to live onsite through the duration of their contract.
Due to the constantly evolving nature of policies, procedures, and recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cairn Family of Camps recognizes that elements of the summer 2021 schedule and programs, and – consequently – job responsibilities may be required to adapt. Until staff are hired, any updates to this document will be available on the Cairn website at https://ilovecamp.org. Once staff are hired, communication will take place directly via phone or email.
Please submit your application, including any supplementary documents, at http://cairn.campbrainstaff.com. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at email@example.com.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.