General Manager of Overnight Camping
Position: General Manager of Overnight Camping
Location: Wortley YMCA – 165 Elmwood Avenue, London, Ontario, N6C 0A8
Start Date: February 13th, 2023
Salary: $65,000- $80,000
The General Manager of Overnight Camps reports to the Vice President of Camping and Youth Engagement and is responsible for providing leadership to all Association overnight camps, including Camp Queen Elizabeth and Camp Henry.
They ensure safety and satisfaction goals are being met, budgets are being monitored and maintained. They are ultimately responsible for camper safety and enjoyment, managing a staff team that consists of full-time staff and season staff that fluctuates with the seasonal nature of programming responsibilities, solving problems and providing excellent customer service.
They are committed to the goals and philosophies of the YMCA and bring with them a proven track record of progressive leadership in a summer camp, recreation, or outdoor education setting.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post Secondary Diploma in Recreation, Education, Business or similar fields of study
- 3-5 years’ experience in a management position in a results-oriented role overseeing fulltime staff and quality program delivery
- YMCA experience is preferred but related work considered
- Skills in Human Resources Management, program delivery, as well as financial management
- Computer knowledge in MS Office using Word and Excel
- Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
- Salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
- Benefits package – applicable with position and contract length
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Provides overall branch leadership; responsible for the development/implementation of operational plans and the Association’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for membership engagement
- Accountable for achieving operational goals through financial management of the branch
- Accountable for the development and implementation of tactical plans for the branch including budgets, staff and volunteers, quality assurance, asset management, positioning, Member Engagement and Philanthropy
- In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and location. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments to the attention of Krista Gillespie – at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until January 15th.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.