Food Service Manager – Tim Horton Onondaga Farms
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-day, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We are looking to fill a Food Service Manager – permanent full time role.
This role will be based out of our Tim Horton Onondaga Farms (THOF) location. Travel may be required from time to time (Canada and USA) to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Camp Operations, this position will provide leadership in the day-to-day operations of the food service team at Onondaga Farms.
- Coordinating and supervising daily activities of the THOF kitchen
- Providing continuous support and guidance to the Food Service Team through setting clear performance driven goals and expectations, that appropriately meet the responsibilities of each staff member
- Establishing work schedules and delegating food service tasks
- Creating camp menus through donation utilization and available budget
- Modifying menus to meet the needs of special diets and allergens
- Managing the preparation, and serving, of special diet accommodations
- Managing inventory, and tracking expenses and donations
- Monitoring and inspecting equipment to ensure a high quality and safe work environment
- Ensuring public health and safety guidelines, and local by-laws, are being implemented and adhered to in the kitchen and dining room
- Participating in standards visits and audits
- Provide feedback to the Senior Manager, Camp Operations or the Standards team on continuous improvement initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in a food service leadership role
- Specialized training as a Chef or Food Service Manager
- Food Safety Certification
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- 3+ years of experience as a cook for large groups or events
- Experience working with special diets and allergens
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in menu planning for large groups
- Experience with inventory management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Reliable transportation to and from camp is required
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.