Food Service Manager (Perm Full Time)
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-day, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position will provide overall leadership to the Food Service Team in ensuring hospitality, food safety, and food service standards are met or exceeded.
Permanent Full Time Role
This role will be based out of our Tim Horton Children’s Ranch location in Kananaskis, Alberta.
*Room and board available *
- Recruit, train, and coach the team on their performance and adherence to operating procedures and standards
- Provide continuous support and guidance to the Food Service Team through setting clear expectations that appropriately meet the responsibilities of each staff member
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan and implement menus, including accommodations of special dietary needs
- Support special events and the creation of specialized menus
- Support offsite camp programming through food preparation suitable for travel and consumption in an adventure or wilderness setting
- Creation, implementation and management of the food services budget
- Monitor inventory and track expenses and donations to ensure a wise use of resources
- Audit and monitor all equipment and oversee annual external inspection standards
- Ensure public health and safety guidelines, and local by-laws, are being implemented and adhered to in the kitchen and dining room
- Provide feedback to the General Manager or the Senior Manager of Food Service Standards on continuous improvement initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in a food service leadership role
- Specialized training as a Chef or Food Service Manager
- Experience in leading, training, and coaching a team
- Experience in menu planning for large groups
- Experience with managing special dietary needed including, but not limited to diabetic carb counting, Halal diets, Anaphylaxis allergies, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, PKU
- Experience with inventory management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.