Food Service Coordinator
Kinark Outdoor Centre
The Kinark Outdoor Center (KOC) facilitates a range of outdoor education, therapeutic recreation and experiential adventure programs designed to meet the specific needs of its diverse client population including children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. KOC programs include Autism Family Camps and 5-day Autism Summer camp programs typically offered throughout the year. Programs focus on strengthening family bonds through new and or shared experiences, providing a sense of belonging, and getting a break from routine. Large group rentals of up to 120 campers can be accommodated.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Food Service Coordinator is responsible to provide healthy meals to clients, meet the dietary restrictions in menu planning, and oversee the daily operations of the food service department and ensure that quality service is delivered to our unique client base and in consideration of Kinark’s mission and values.
Duties & Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Food preparation – includes cooking, serving, menu planning,
- Staff supervision – responsible for hiring, training, daily roles and responsibilities of supervising staff. This includes providing ongoing feedback, goal setting and scheduling.
- Food ordering – weekly food orders need to be put in using an online system through Sysco. Must inventory food and place orders based on upcoming visitor’s needs and numbers.
- Team meeting and Manager meetings – regular team meetings with kitchen staff. Regular meetings with managers to get informed on upcoming groups and their needs
- Preventative and ongoing kitchen maintenance and cleaning
- Safe Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Requires completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years of considerable position related experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, good problem solving skills, and the ability to work within and lead a team.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with families and/or a childcare setting (such as: camps, live-in treatment homes, school system) with children ages 8 to 18 years old.
- Red Seal cook or other cook certification (college or other) an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given additional consideration.
Please apply at: https://kinark.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/180
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.