Cairn Family of Camps
The Facilities Staff assist the Site Manager and Facilities Coordinator in performing regular maintenance, repair, and health and safety routines to ensure effective and efficient functioning of Cairn’s operations and programs. They ensure that camp offers a safe inclusive environment that encourages self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood as part of the Facilities team.
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review, and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Facilities Care and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Ensure all areas of camp are safe, clean, and in good repair, and perform regular upkeep and maintenance tasks as required.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling are taken to the dumpster at the end of each day.
- Perform daily, weekly, and seasonal site projects as assigned by the Site Manager and Facilities Coordinator.
- Assist the Site Manager and Facilities Coordinator in managing inventory for site equipment and supplies. Ensure supplies are stored safely throughout and at the end of the season
- Follow appropriate procedures to ensure that industry standards are maintained.
- Work with the Site Manager, Facilities Coordinator, Program Supervisors, and Program Coordinators to provide support to program themes and events.
- Work with the Facilities Coordinator and Iona Program Coordinator in ensuring trip equipment is maintained and repaired as needed.
JOB KNOWELDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest in hands-on work, and developing skills in site maintenance and upkeep.
- Personal skills: service-oriented, problem-solving ability, strong work ethic, self-starter, practical skills, adaptability, collaboration, hardworking.
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Drinking Water Operator OIT Certificate an asset, or willingness to obtain.
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Due to the constantly evolving nature of policies, procedures, and recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cairn Family of Camps recognizes that elements of the summer 2021 schedule and programs, and – consequently – job responsibilities may be required to adapt. Until staff are hired, any updates to this document will be available on the Cairn website at https://ilovecamp.org. Once staff are hired, communication will take place directly via phone or email.
Please submit your application, including any supplementary documents, at http://cairn.campbrainstaff.com. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.