A full job description and the benefits of working at Camp Big Canoe can be found on our website.
Job Duties Specific to the Position
- Is responsible for helping to conduct the daily / weekly maintenance routines which help keep Camp Big Canoe safe, clean and operational.
- Once per session check smoke detectors
- fire extinguishers
- door knobs
- They work with the Executive Director to ensure the preservation and development of the Camp Big Canoe site.
- Has the confidence, ability, and patience to work as part of a team
- Good organizational skills
- Is responsible for supervising/overseeing and ensuring clean up is complete
- Dining room prior to and after meals
- Banquet set up and clean up
- Housekeeping supplies
- Community duties
- Cheese house
- Special day
- Is responsible for lawn care (use of riding mower & whipper snippers)
- General repairs (knowledge of plumbing / carpentry an asset)
- Sanitation (extra cleaning of washrooms etc)
- Is an extra Youth Development or Resource Leader if/when needed
- May be responsible to meet & greet weekend rental groups and see to their needs in the spring and fall