The Facilities Coordinator assists the Site Manager in performing regular maintenance, repair, and health and safety routines to ensure effective and efficient functioning of Cairn’s operations and programs. They assist in providing support and direction to Facilities Staff. They ensure that camp offers a safe inclusive environment that encourages self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood as part of the Facilities team.
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review, and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Facilities Care and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Ensure all areas of camp are safe, clean, and in good repair, and perform regular upkeep and maintenance tasks as required.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling are taken to the dumpster at the end of each day.
- Assist the Site Manager in managing inventory for site equipment and supplies. Ensure supplies are stored safely throughout and at the end of the season.
- Assist the Site Manager in testing and maintaining the drinking water filtration system as instructed.
- Assist the Site Manager in providing training, direction, and assistance to Facilities Staff.
- Assist the Site Manager in overseeing and performing daily, weekly, and seasonal site projects as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Site Manager when they are not present, including taking the lead in task assignment, task preparation, and time management.
- Work with the Site Manager and Directing Team to establish best practices that ensure that industry standards are maintained.
- Work with the Site Manager, Program Supervisors and Program Coordinators to provide support to program themes and events.
- Work with the Food Services Manager and Iona Program Coordinator in ensuring trip equipment is maintained and repaired as needed.
- Act as a resource for all staff regarding site equipment and maintenance, providing support, direction, and assistance as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience as a camp staff member with experience in facilities care and upkeep or camper care, or equivalent experience.
- Personal skills: service-oriented, problem-solving ability, strong work ethic, self-starter, practical skills, adaptability, collaboration
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- G-class driver’s license (recommended)
- Drinking Water Operator OIT Certificate an asset, and/or willingness to obtain certification prior to the summer camp season.
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- Preference will be given to candidates who are available for a 4-month contract (May to August).
Please visit ilovecamp.org/employment.cfm to view all Cairn Staff application information, and to submit an application. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.