Experienced Kitchen Staff – Team Leader
Camp Kawartha has operated as a summer camp since 1921. We have established an excellent reputation as a facility that provides a safe and supportive environment for children and teens aged 4 to 17. To maintain our reputation, we are seeking staff members who are willing to work together as a team to achieve the high level of excellence expected by our campers and their families.
Anyone interested in applying as a part of our kitchen team for Camp Kawartha must
- Have related work experience and a positive work ethic
- Enjoy working in an environment with children
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have respect for those around them
- Strive toward a high quality of customer service
- Be able to commute to the camp (located 20-30 minutes from Peterborough)
Team Leaders would work with the support of our Kitchen Services Manager and lead members of our cooking team delivering nutritious and well balanced meals for up to 180 staff and campers 3 times a day. This position requires someone who strives for quality and excellence, is patient, a problem solver, creative and has a good sense of humour.
Contract: June 17 to Aug 31 (some flexibility with start date). Potential for employment following the summer on a part-time basis.
Compensation: Between $18-$20/hour, based on a 40 hours/week work schedule
In consultation with the Food Services Manager coordinates a smooth, safe, hygienic, healthy, and nurturing environment for the kitchen staff including…
- Cooking nutritious meals to campers and staff and ensure they are being provided with well-balanced meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Has a strong understanding of nutrition and cooking recipes.
- Insures the kitchen is running smoothly. Establishes a positive relationship with Kitchen Team. Works with the Food Services Manager in meeting regularly with kitchen staff team to anticipate and deal proactively with problems
- Insures meals are on time, ample food is prepared, and anticipates the menu workload for the day and beyond.
- Works with the Food Services Manager to oversee the implementation of food practices relevant to the dietary restrictions and allergies within the camp population.
- Plays a leading role in preparation of meals and cleaning practices. Formulates plans and division of work, and ensure that assistance for all components of work are implemented. Anticipates shifts in workload according to members’ schedules.
- Supports implementation of the summer tripping menus and distributing the proper food sources to tripping. Prepares meals (picnics) for groups that go off-site.
- Supports practices to ensure minimal stale dated food is in inventory. Develops appropriate disposal practices should there be items in this category and ensure that the products are not being served to campers.
- Fosters a positive and nurturing environment between kitchen and summer staff and campers.
- Supports the implementation of inventory controls to ensure that all food supplies are available for the provision of meals and minimal food wastage is incurred.
- Meets regularly with Food Services Manager to ensure kitchen schedule and menu is agreeable with campers and staff. Anticipates fluctuating camp numbers.
- Supports Food Services Manager in supplying, and coordination of evening snack.
- Implements all safety procedures in kitchen. Monitors safety in kitchen and recommend changes
- Empowers and guides kitchen staff in creating a positive camp experience
- Provides leadership and acts as a role model for camp staff and campers
- Enforces Camp Policies and Procedures
- Police Record Check
- Safe Food Handling Certificate, WHMIS, Standard First Aid & CPR,
- Applicants need to have their own accommodations and transportation. On-site living is not provided.
Camp Kawartha is a smoke, vape, alcohol and drug free facility.
Camp Kawartha is an equal opportunity employer that strives for inclusion and diversity.
Send resume to email@example.com