Camp Misquah is looking for an energetic and experienced person interested in the role of Executive Director on a full-year, part-time basis.
We are a camp for persons with developmental disabilities and as Executive Director you will be the core staff for the board. You will provide strong staff leadership to ensure that the Camp is a safe and happy place for staff and campers. The camp is located near Gracefield, Quebec however the job function is located primarily in Ottawa during non-summer months.
In the role you will:
- Direct and action board initiatives in regard to project management and capital expenditures
- Develop and manage donor, partner, and vendor relationships on an ongoing basis to maintain and improve the campsite
- Pursue and develop new fundraising opportunities through grant applications and private/corporate donors
- Oversee and manage a part-time Director of Operations and Communications Manager, and a seasonal Camp Director
- Organize/attend board meetings, and move forward board directives and projects
- Work with and support Misquah committee groups
- Liaise and network with local and provincial camp associations
- Work as Misquah lead on capital projects, major fundraising initiatives, and volunteer activities
- Prepare proposals, oversee expenditures, and prepare reports to funders as appropriate
- Oversee the risk management program of the organization
You should be an experienced manager with good technical skills with various software platforms. You should have good writing and communication skills and the ability to work with various levels of government and/or nonprofit organizations. You should be comfortable working independently in a leadership position and have good networking skills. A good understanding of disability issues and or summer camp operations would be an asset.
Salary: The position is approximately 1-2 days a week and the salary is $12k per year. The contract is for one year and would be subject to renewal.
Contract length: 12 months