Wanted: Driver- this position pays $15/hr PLUS free room and board and laundry!
Are you interested in spending your summer on a lake in Algonquin Park? Do you have a passion for the outdoors? If so, then you should come be a part of the Taylor Statten Camps staff team!
The Taylor Statten Camps are Canada’s oldest fourth generational family-run traditional summer camp. We are located on Canoe Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park. The camp is made up of Camp Wapomeo for Girls and Camp Ahmek for Boys. Our camper’s age varies from 6 – 16.
We are currently seeking two (2) Drivers
You will be asked to drive into Huntsville a few times a week for business-related reasons, generally to shop at various local stores for supplies for camp. And then whenever there is an emergency or an expected pick-up or drop-off situation you will be assigned to travel wherever needed. Often the Driver goes up to Temagami and to other remote area to either pick up campers or drop supplies to our out-trips. The Driver needs to be licensed to drive in Ontario, and that license must be clear of any driving-related incidents. The driver needs to be able to drive well and safely under pressure.
- Able to operate each vehicle that may be driven.(generally an SUV type vehicle)
- Coordinate diving schedule with office staff regarding town runs, evacuations.
- Teach and monitor proper use of seat-belts, safe loading and unloading, proper behaviour in the vehicle, and other aspects of vehicle safety.
- Clean and maintain vehicles.
- Search for the various items on shopping lists as assigned by the camp administrator
- Check vehicles before and after each trip for gas, oil, tire pressure, damage, etc.
- Be familiar with any health problems of campers and staff that are transported.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Valid G-class Ontario Driver’s License
- Emergency First Aid or Equivalent and CPR “B”
Compensation varies depending on age and experience but is generally based on 9 weeks at 40 hours per week at minimum wage. All positions include room, board, laundry and use of facilities.
Dates of employment: June 18 – August 25, 2023 inclusive
Interested candidates are encouraged to use the online application process found at www.taylorstattencamps.com
Or contact us at the Toronto Office: 416 486 6959