YMCA Camp Elphinstone
1760 YMCA Road
Rate of Pay: $ 133.69-136.69/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 22nd – August 31st, 2024
Reports To: Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Driver.
The Driver is the primary staff member responsible for safely transporting campers & staff for out-trips, luggage services, our Day Camp bus route, and other trips as needed.
The driver performs regular checks of all vehicles and trailers to ensure they are in proper working order, keeps logs and paperwork up to date, reports deficiencies to the Resource Director, and protects the assets of the YMCA through appropriate use of vehicles and trailers. The driver may be required to assist in duties not listed above, such as assisting with camp programs and camper care.
- Transport participants, staff, and guests in camp vehicles and regularly drive with large luggage trailers and canoe trailers.
- Ensure that vehicles and trailers are checked before and after each use to ensure they are in working order. Maintain vehicle logs and paperwork. Ensure vehicles’ interiors and exteriors are kept clean and regularly washed.
- Ensure all YMCA Camp Elphinstone policies and procedures are being met at all times while transporting equipment/passengers.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Class 4 Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Experience driving with trailers
- Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
- 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
- Class 1 Driver’s License
- Advanced First Aid (40+ hours)