Dining Room Manager
Our Vision and Mission:
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Our Core Values:
The heart of Muskoka Woods is to create a safe place for kids to learn new things, make new friends, grow in confidence and in their faith. Our team is committed to our Core Values of Lead, Accept, Protect, Invite, Challenge, and Celebrate. We believe that everyone can be a leader and that a leader looks at their world, says “it doesn’t have to be this way”, and they do something about it.
The Role: Dining Room Manager
Reporting to our Head Chef, the Dining Room Manager is responsible to provide quality food service and dining room experience to staff and guests through serving, overseeing the day-to-day service operations, and providing leadership and direction to service personnel all while maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the Dining Room environment through inspecting, monitoring and cleaning service stations, beverage stations, floors, seating, lighting and temperature.
- Establishes personal contact and rapport with staff and guests and resolves food/service issues in conjunction with the Head Chef/Sous Chef.
- Providing leadership, training, daily direction and performance review to all full time and seasonal kitchen service staff and dishwashers.
- Complying with all Health and Safety standards, proper food-handling techniques and Muskoka Woods standards
- Maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen
For full job description, please head to https://jobs.muskokawoods.com/jobs/dining-room-manager/
What You Bring
- Strong leadership, team-building and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail, well-developed organizational, and time management skills
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Enjoys working with young people
- Ability to work within the larger team of Muskoka Woods
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Corporate Culture
- 2 to 4 years of industrial kitchen experience.
- 2 to 3 years of proven leadership experience of young people and adults.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of staff
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
Why work with us:
Muskoka Woods offers purposeful work and an opportunity to contribute, and grow in, your skills and abilities as you serve our guests and work alongside, lead and mentor our young seasonal staff. We define our work and community culture by valuing: Intentional Growth, Customer Engagement, Inspired Teamwork, Tenacious Follow Through, Make it Better and Fun!
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Dental and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Access to facilities and activities for you and your family
- Free meals while on shift
- Leadership development and mentorship
- Team building and development days
- Accommodation on property may be available depending on season and need.
Join a team and community of full-time staff who care and want the best for young people through excellent facilities, programs, services and people.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org