Day Camp Supervisor (Indoor)
Day Camp Supervisor (Indoor)
Salary Range: $19.00/hour
Position Status: Seasonal Contract
Placement: February 2023 – September 2, 2023
* February 2023 – March 2023: a part-time work schedule based on 15-20 hours per week; remote work subject to operational needs.
* April 2023 – September 2, 2023: a full-time work schedule based on 40 hours per week.
Nature & Scope:
Reporting to the Manager of Day Camp, this position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Day Camp and Day Camp promotional events. The Day Camp Supervisor is responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of Day Camp staff for all indoor locations.
- Recruitment, training, and mentoring of all staff and volunteer team members for the purpose of delivering excellence in customer service
- Provide direct supervision of Day Camp staff, program participants and volunteers
- Responsible for the scheduling, performance management, and timesheet preparation for Day Camp Staff
- Coordination and delivery of pre-camp promotional events and opportunities
- Assists with the development of operational plans and budgets for the YMCA Day Camp program
- Ensures that program policies and procedures are implemented and monitored proactively
- 3 years Post-Secondary education in a related field
- 3 years supervisory experience of a team with over 10 staff members
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Time management skills- must be able to plan, organize and prioritize
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, email and/or internet applications
- CampBrain experience an asset
- Knowledge of Child Development and related “new” research, and its application in children’s recreational programs
- Knowledge of community trends
- Knowledge of Day Camp standards and evaluation tools
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-Level C
- Current satisfactory Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment
- A valid Driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle is required for this position
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision and Strategic Outcomes and Values of the YMCA.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA.
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford encourages employees within the Association, as well as those employed within the Canadian YMCA/YMCA-YWCA Federation to submit their application.
Please note that in so doing, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford reserves the right to contact the applicable YMCA or YMCA-YWCA for purposes of seeking an employment reference throughout the recruitment process.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application that you have disclosed to your current supervisor, your intention to submit your application. By submitting your application, you understand and agree to allow the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to contact your current Association.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume by February 14, 2023 attention:
Manager of Day Camp
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.